Amanda-Users

disk offline error

2004-05-31 23:05:43
Subject: disk offline error
From: gen2 <gen2 AT planetofidiots DOT com>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 19:58:42 -0700
Hi all, I have a very functional amanda 2.4.3 LAN backup system that I'm
having one problem with: I can't seem to back up any partitions, only
directories and files. If I use disklist specs like this

node1 /home standard

I get a proper backup, but if I use

node1 /dev/sda9 standard

I get an error saying that sda9 is offline. But it isn't, so I figured there
must be a permissions problem, but amanda is in the disk group, and that
device node is in the disk group as well, with proper rw perms.

I also tried

node1 /dev/scsi/host1/bus0/target1/lun0/part9 standard

also to no good end.

Any ideas/clues? How can I verify the permissions are working on the node1
side beyond checking with ls -la?

Thanks!