Amanda-Users

Problems using amrecover

2004-05-27 10:07:27
Subject: Problems using amrecover
From: Thorsten Bremer <lists-read AT thoddi DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 16:01:17 +0200
Hello,

I got some "funny" problems using amrecover:

schatten:/etc# amrecover Weekly
AMRECOVER Version 2.4.2p2. Contacting server on localhost ...
220 schatten AMANDA index server (2.4.2p2) ready.
200 Access OK
Setting restore date to today (2004-05-27)
200 Working date set to 2004-05-27.
200 Working date set to 2004-05-27.
amrecover: Unexpected server end of file

Both server and client are on the same machine, a normal backup is
going without any problem. As amrecover said, everything is
"localhost" :-)

I found this note in the FAQ:
http://amanda.sourceforge.net/fom-serve/cache/173.html
I tried all in there, I can ping to and from localhost :-) and
nslookup tell me, that localhost is really 127.0.0.1 and vice versa
:-) Because a normal backup is working, I think that access-rights and
so on must be correct.

So: Please HELP...

The system I'm running amanda is a Debian 3.0 (Woody) using the
amanda-packets shipped with this distribution.

--
Bis denne,                 <° ><
           Thoddi