Amanda-Users

I need advice about Amanda

2004-05-20 15:19:39
Subject: I need advice about Amanda
From: Andreas Moser <info AT moserandreas DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 21:17:13 +0200
Hello list,

my english is not quite perfect but i will do my best

I would be lucky, if someone could give advice about Amanda.
I work in a small company and I would like to make a Backup with Amanda.
We use 7 Windows PC's and one Linux SuSE 8.2 PC.
Every PC has some Windows Shares, which i want to backup.
I read that Amanda could backup Windows Shares with the use of the Samba Protokoll. I want to know whether you would discourage from the use of Amanda or advice me to use Amanda.
It would be great if I get some experiences.

I look forward to reading about some positive or negative experiences.

thx Andreas