Amanda-Users

Re: BNCHMARK DLT1 tape Problem

2004-05-17 13:03:12
Subject: Re: BNCHMARK DLT1 tape Problem
From: Martin Hepworth <martinh AT solid-state-logic DOT com>
To: nejat onay erkose <nejat_onay.erkose AT int-evry DOT fr>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 17:59:13 +0100
that will be

mt -f /dev/st0 rewind...

note the leading / and v not w in the path name...

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

nejat onay erkose wrote:
Hello

I have a problem with BNCHMARK DLT1 tape . May machine doesnt seem to see the tape properly.

The below message is given in the booting time :

"scsi0 : Adaptec AIC7XXX EISA/VLB/PCI SCSI HBA DRIVER, Rev 6.2.36
 Vendor: BNCHMARK  Model: DLT1              Rev: 5032
st: Version 20030406, bufsize 32768, max init. bufs 4, s/g segs "

This as well...

"SCSI subsystem driver Revision: 1.00
st: Version 20030406, bufsize 32768, max init. bufs 4, s/g segs 16
Attached scsi tape st0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 5, lun 0
st0: Block limits 2 - 16777214 bytes.
scsi : 0 hosts left."

and when I  " mt -f dew/st0 rewind "
the response is  "dew/st0: No such file or directory"

I would be glad if someone has an idea about this since so far i couldnt find any good clue on the internet to solve the problem.
Thank you...

the system manager.