Amanda-Users

Re: strangeTape size problem

2004-04-28 06:16:27
Subject: Re: strangeTape size problem
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 12:08:58 +0200
Hi, Arne.Briesenick.ext AT deutsche-boerse DOT com,

on Mittwoch, 28. April 2004 at 11:21 you wrote to amanda-users:

ABedbc> Hi *,

ABedbc> I've a problem with amanda (2.4.4p1) on my TapeSet1. It reports an error
ABedbc> when writing a single (19G) file to tape (20G DLT4) on a Quantum DLT4000
ABedbc> without copression.
ABedbc> The most strange thing is, that with the parameters from amtapetype -
which
ABedbc> was horrible long time running - that single file does not fit on the
tape.
ABedbc> BUT, when I write it explicit by dd if=dumpfile of=/dev/st0 it fits on
the
ABedbc> same Tape and there is a real 1G free space at the end of the tape.
ABedbc> So whats the problem with the configuration of amanda?

Without WHICH compression? hw, sw?

You have /dev/nst0 in your amanda.conf?

It is reported that drives kind of remember if hardware compression
has been used with a particular tape and switches hw-comp on even when
you don't want it to.

There have been reports and guides about that.

Maybe here:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=amanda-users&m=108150730118379&w=2

--
best regards,