Amanda-Users

Re: statistic values

2004-04-26 10:32:54
Subject: Re: statistic values
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Yu Chen <chen AT hhmi.umbc DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 16:29:32 +0200
Yu Chen wrote:

I was checking my amanda reports, and found out most of them the "Run Time" is less than "Dump Time", which means "inparallel" is working. But some of them the "Dump Time" appears less then "Run Time", is this right? When could this happen?

The "Run Time" includes the "Estimate Time".
In the report below the real dumps start 8 minutes later.

An obvious way to get "Dump Time" < "Run Time" is when there is only
one DLE in the disklist.  In this case there is no parallelism at all.

It could also be that most dumps are very small (total less than
estimate time), and there is one large dump (bypassing holdingdisk,
or where writing to tape is still less than the estimate phase).

Thanks in advance for your time and advise!

Chen