Amanda-Users

Re: strange report

2004-04-26 05:53:30
Subject: Re: strange report
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Christian Molière <christian.moliere AT wanadooportails DOT com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 11:49:38 +0200
Christian Molière wrote:

I have strange information in my report file last night :

I removed some space from the output a little, and added the
headers again to make it more readable:

                              DUMPER STATS               TAPER STATS
HOSTN  DISK          L  ORIG-KB OUT-KB COMP% MMM:SS KB/s MMM:SS KB/s
---------------------- --------------------------------- -----------
serv   ws/ECOLE-SQL1 1      N/A      0   --    0:01 0.0    0:00 0.0
serv   ws/ECOLE-SQL2 1      N/A      0   --    0:01 0.0    0:00 0.0
serv   s/ECOLE-VALID 1      N/A      0   --    0:01 0.0    0:00 0.0

There are no DUMP statistics: these entries were flushed from
holdingdisk.
Maybe you have "autoflush" on, it that case it was the normal
dump run that autoflushed the files it found on the holdingdisk.

For the dump itself, you probably have to look of the previous mail
reports.

From the numbers above, it seems the size of the files was 0 bytes.
I guess there was only an amanda header of 32Kbytes, which is now on tape.

The amanda header contains the real date of the dump: you know then
which report to look at.

I tried to see what are there in dump file with this command :
dd if=00046.serveur.__windows_ECOLE-SQL1.1 bs=32k skip=1 |tar tvf -

here it is the output dd command :
0+0 enregistrements lus.
0+0 enregistrements écrits.

Yes, an empty file.  Have a look at the amanda header itself too.

then amadmin command says there are 46 files in it.

Not in it, it is the 46th backup image on the tape.

Does someone know why I have such kind of mistake ?

Never seen it myself. Maybe you have more information from the
report when the dump actually ran.  Somehow samba created 0 bytes
output, but did not signal this as an error. Or something else?

What does mean N/A in report file ?

"Not Applicable".  Some people say  "Not Available".