Amanda-Users

Re: [OT] stupid question: amanda company references?

2004-04-22 09:54:57
Subject: Re: [OT] stupid question: amanda company references?
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 09:49:22 -0400
On Thursday 22 April 2004 03:19, Kristian Rink wrote:
>Hi all,...
>
>...after our amanda installation works pretty smoothly right now
>(thanks to all those around here who were of very much help during
>getting this done!), I'm left with a slightly non-technical,
>probably rather stupid question which, somehow, is important as I am
>doing documentation of that project: Since our company's
>administration is _very_ interested in knowing who else uses the
>software we use, so I am searching for sort of a list of companies,
>institutions,... that successfully run amanda to store their
>valuable data. On amanda.org, there ain't such a thing; so, whoever
>you are out there: If you're using amanda, do you mind telling me
>which company you work for, in which business you are and what
>amounts of data you use to back up using amanda?
>
>Thanks and bye,
>Kris

Be prepared to have you inbox filled, and there are quite a few users
who have joined this list long enough to get their questions answered
and then gone again.  My guess is that for every reply you actually
get, 20+ have come, and gone, and will not see your question at all.
But they are users nonetheless.

I'm not a company myself, just a home user, 2 machines, using a cheap
changer that uses DDS2 tapes.  About 70 gigs of data, 7 day cycle on
28 tapes covers it nicely.

As to collecting a list of users, that sound like a good idea, but
this is pretty much an all volunteer group.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: