Amanda-Users

amidxtaped getpeername error

2004-04-15 15:42:02
Subject: amidxtaped getpeername error
From: Laker Netman <laker_netman AT yahoo DOT com>
To: AmandaUsers <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:38:29 -0700 (PDT)
I have compiled and set up the latest release of
Amanda on Fedora Core 1.  The host is successfully
backing up itself to disk (not "holding disk", but
rather a drive mounted and configured per these
instructions:
http://www.mail-archive.com/amanda-users AT amanda DOT org/msg07758.html

After much research and gnashing of teeth I also have
all xinetd managed daemons running, too.

Now the problem: when I try amrecover a file
everything works until I issue the "extract".  Looking
at the various logs I've settled on the following as
the most pertinent:
amidxtaped: getpeername: Socket operation on
non-socket

I have compared my xinetd conf files to others posted
on the 'net and see no differences.

Suggestions?

TIA.