Amanda-Users

Re: ? amrecover to dir other than CWD

2004-02-26 02:54:56
Subject: Re: ? amrecover to dir other than CWD
From: Christoph Scheeder <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de>
To: Allen Liu --- work <allen AT bellglobal DOT com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 08:51:35 +0100
Hi,
if you want to restore in the original place, then, more or less, yes.
You'll have to cwd to the dir specified in the disklist as startingpoint
of the backup. From there on pathes are restored.
But beware if there are files newer then the Backup you are restoring,
they will be deleted without prompting, as amnda restores the contents
of the dir's as they where at the backup.
Most of us prefer to restore to a scratch are and then move the wanted
files to the real destination for security reasons.
Christoph

Allen Liu --- work schrieb:

I am testing amrecover.
In its prompt, I can't find how to specify restore destination directory. It
looks it always try to recover to CWD, is it true ?
Do I have to lcd to the destination dir and extract it ?

Thanks

Allen Liu

IP Application Design and Engineering
Bell Canada
(613) 781-7368, allen AT bellglobal DOT com
1240 -160 Elgin St, Ottawa,ON, K2P 2C4