Amanda-Users

Re: Help configuring a Breece Hill Q7

2004-02-23 12:54:57
Subject: Re: Help configuring a Breece Hill Q7
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: jlm17 <jlm17 AT lucent DOT com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:50:03 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 at 11:20am, jlm17 wrote

> How do I configure amanda to handle a Breece Hill Q7 tape changer? It
> has two disks and 28 tape slots. I am guessing that I need to set

Two disks?  Or drives?  :)

> tpchanger to "chg-scsi" but how do I tell it what the tape changer
> device is, and about both of the drives and the number of tapes etc.?
>
> Either help or some pointers to documentation that I may have missed
> would be appreciated.

What you want is to get your OS (which you never mention) talking with the
changer.  Once you get your OS to see and possibly maniuplate the device,
docs/TAPE.CHANGERS will help you get started with amanda.  chg-scsi is one
optin for tpchanger, chg-zd-mtx is another.  Both are well documented in
docs/TAPE.CHANGERS and, in the case of chg-zd-mtx, in the chg-zd-mtx
script itself.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering