Amanda-Users

big filemark

2004-02-12 12:17:22
Subject: big filemark
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 12:14:45 -0500
When people have expressed terrible concern for
large filemarks in their measured tapetypes
I have often said basically "don't worry".

Well I think we have a new champion filemark.

Just posted to the Faq-O-Matic list was:

  define tapetye IBM_ULTRIUM-TD2 {
      comment "just produced by tapetype program"
      length 205572 mbytes
      filemark 534180 kbytes
      speed 18522 kps
  }

Note, that is 534 MEGABYTES, 1/2 a GIGABYTE.

But again I say, "don't worry"!
It is only 1/4 of one percent (0.25%)
of the total tape length of 200GB.

If that measured tapetype and filemark are accurate,
it will have very little impact on amanda's calculations.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)