Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover with file:, again.....

2004-02-03 10:45:19
Subject: Re: amrecover with file:, again.....
From: Marc Langlois <marc AT keyseismic DOT com>
To: "R.M. Evers" <amanda AT hbh-it DOT nl>
Date: 03 Feb 2004 08:41:41 -0700
Hi Rodi,

The "amrecover: Can't read file header" message happened to me when the
chg-disk script wasn't being called, and amrecover was trying to read
from an empty tape slot directory i.e. the "data" sym-link was wrong.

My amanda.conf has these entries:

tpchanger "chg-disk"
tapedev "file:/s4/amanda_tapes"
rawtapedev "file:/s4/amanda_tapes"
changerfile "/usr/local/etc/amanda/clst01/changer"
changerdev "/dev/null"
amrecover_changer "chg-disk"

In amrecover, I do:

amrecover> settape chg-disk
amrecover> extract

and it works fine. Doing an "ls -l" on the tape slot directory
(/s4/amanda_tapes for me) shows that the "data" sym-link is changed to
point to the correct tape slot before each extract begins.

The value of "amrecover_changer" seems to be arbitrary - as long as the
same string is used in amrecover, then it will use the value of
"tpchanger" (AFAIK).

Hope this helps,
Marc Langlois.

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 06:34, R.M. Evers wrote:
> hi amanda-users,
>
> sorry to bring this up again, but i'm also having problems with using
> amrecover with the file: driver.. i have read the recent thread, but i
> cannot get it to work properly.
snip...