Amanda-Users

Amanda or Tape problems?

2004-02-02 00:21:19
Subject: Amanda or Tape problems?
From: "Rohit" <rohit AT genetechindia DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 10:41:40 +0530
Gurus,

OS: Redhat 9.0
Kernel: 2.4.20-20.9
Amanda: 2.4.3-4

Offlate my amanda backups are failing due to some problem or other. I really
don't know if it is something to do with the tapes or the tape drive or
amanda itself.

Some of the errors:

*** A TAPE ERROR OCCURRED: [writing label: Read-only file system].
*** A TAPE ERROR OCCURRED: [[writing file: Input/output error]].
*** A TAPE ERROR OCCURRED: [reading label: Input/output error].

All these errors occurred within span of approx 15-20 days. When I try to do
amflush, nothing happens. amflush just hangs and does nothing [I waited
almost close to 4-5 hours before I decided to kill. Tape drive shows no
indication of running either]. I tried killing amflush processes and
starting it again, but still nothing happens.

If some more details or logs are required, please let me know. I'll send it
out. But what could be wrong? Maybe tapes?

Thanks in advance!
Rohit