Amanda-Users

How to omit holding disk?

2004-01-30 19:42:15
Subject: How to omit holding disk?
From: Josef Wolf <jw AT raven.inka DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 01:36:32 +0100
Hello!

I set up amanda with chg-disk. By design, dumps are done to holding disk and
copied to the disk afterwards. This copy operation makes the machine pretty
much unusable for interactive usage (puts almost everything to swap).

Now I wonder whether there is a way to omit this copy operation. First
thought was to disable holding disk (or setting it to 0). But (AFAIK) this
would disable amanda's ability to dump several DLEs in parallel.

An other possibility would be to change the copy operation into a move
operation. This seems not to be a very good idea because of its special-case
character.

Any ideas whether there are other possibilities to omit this copy operation?

--
-- Josef Wolf -- jw AT raven.inka DOT de --