Amanda-Users

Re: amanda client on RHEL ws 3

2004-01-20 19:25:22
Subject: Re: amanda client on RHEL ws 3
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: "Teresa L. Kamakea" <kamakea1 AT llnl DOT gov>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 19:24:02 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 at 2:06pm, Teresa L. Kamakea wrote

> Has anybody been successful at getting an amanda server to connect to
> an amanda client that is running on RHEL ws 3?

I haven't tried yet, but it should be pretty similar to RH9.  I use these
iptables rules on my RH9 clients:

# Amanda from $SERVER
-A INPUT -p udp -s $SERVER -d 0/0 --dport 10080 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp -s $SERVER -d 0/0 --dport 1025:65535 -j ACCEPT

replacing $SERVER by the IP address of your amanda server, of course.  If
that's not your issue, post the exact error messages you're getting and
any relevant log and/or config files.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering