Amanda-Users

Backups with Samba - new release 3.0.2rc1

2004-01-17 06:49:03
Subject: Backups with Samba - new release 3.0.2rc1
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:47:02 +0100
Hello, amanda-users,

Samba 3.0.2rc1 is available for download.

As I read in the WHATSNEW.txt there is something new that might be
interesting to some of you that have to stick with older
AMANDA-releases:

>  * BUG 446: Fix output of smbclient for better compatibility
>    with scripts based on the 2.2 version (including Amanda).

If you still have to use a release of AMANDA that is pre-2.4.4p2 and
therefore does not support Samba-3 already it might be interesting to
look at shiny new Samba.

--
best regards,
Stefan G. Weichinger