Amanda-Users

Re: Help deciphering errors from Samba backup

2004-01-13 14:09:15
Subject: Re: Help deciphering errors from Samba backup
From: "Kurt Yoder" <kylist AT shcorp DOT com>
To: "Fran Fabrizio" <fran AT cis.uab DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 14:06:21 -0500 (EST)
This is a Samba problem. smbclient is complaining that it can't
access those directories. Here's my initial google query:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22Server+packet+had+invalid+SMB+signature%21%22&btnG=Google+Search

This didn't seem to return many results for me. You may want to do
some further digging in Samba mailing list archives, post to Samba
lists, etc.

Fran Fabrizio said:

> I'm attempting to do my first backup via Samba.  The first night it
> failed, which was due to me not having the latest version of Amanda
> work with Samba 3.  I installed Amanda 2.4.4p2.  It ran again last

<snipped>

--
Kurt Yoder
Sport & Health network administrator