Amanda-Users

Re: ERROR: 192.168.0.73: [host u03: port 57341 not secure]

2004-01-08 08:44:59
Subject: Re: ERROR: 192.168.0.73: [host u03: port 57341 not secure]
From: Eugen Leitl <el AT infochem DOT de>
To: adellam AT sevenseas DOT org, amanda-hackers AT amanda DOT org, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 14:42:20 +0100
Andrea Dell'Amico wrote:

Your amanda traffic to IP 192.168.0.73 is traversing a NAT device, or a
udp proxy, that connects to the destination using an unprivileged port.

Thanks, but that's highly unlikely. This is a standalone Solaris 7 machine
(I didn't install it, though, so I cannot be completely sure), running both
server and client, local intranet.

amanda accepts traffic from privileged ports only. You can recompile the

Would it help if I do a ./configure --with-user=root ?

amanda sources after commenting out the checks, if you cannot fix your
connection.

Thanks again. I've been stuck on this for several days, so I really appreciate
your help.