Amanda-Users

Scheduled backup being "prevented"?

2004-01-07 10:24:18
Subject: Scheduled backup being "prevented"?
From: "Ken D'Ambrosio" <kend AT xanoptix DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 10:22:27 -0500
Hi, all.  Our backups kicked off last night, as usual, but something weird
cropped up.  One of our disklist entries didn't back up.  If an out-and-out
error had occured, I'd probably be okay with it, but noooo...  Instead, we got
the following:

(From amstatus)
nebula:CAD-BACK                1 planner: [no estimate]

(From different places in the same e-mailed report)

nebula     CAD-BACK lev 1 FAILED [no estimate]
planner: Preventing bump of nebula:CAD-BACK as directed.

Why the heck would we get "no estimate?"  Why would it say "Preventing bump... as
directed"?  I'm mixed up, here.  Our disklist entry looks fine, but I've included it, below,
for perusal.  Barring a different path and diferent include/excludes, it's identical to many other
of our disklist entries.

Thanks for any insights...

-Ken

# IC Engineering directories CAD & BACKUPS
nebula CAD-BACK /mnt/raid0/servers/sol/shared/IC_Engineering {
       nebula-user-comp-tar
       include "./BACKUPS" "./CAD"
       } 1