Amanda-Users

Re: chg-zd-mtx drive question ?

2004-01-06 11:13:51
Subject: Re: chg-zd-mtx drive question ?
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: <PHDeliege AT mt-consulting DOT com>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 11:12:12 -0500
On Tuesday 06 January 2004 09:50, Pierre-Henry DELIEGE wrote:
>Dear,
>I.m really new with Amanda and I'm trying to understand the
> tpchanger chg-zd-mtx before implementing it with a SCSI library
> containing 72 slots and 4 drives.
>I have a misunderstanding of the usage of Amanda and the tpchanger
> with multiple drives. How does it work ?
>In the amanda.conf file, you can specify only one drive (tapedev
>"/dev/nsa1")
>In the changer.conf file, you can only specify one drive
> (driveslot=0) So how can we use more than one drive ? Do we have to
> make a config file per drive ?
>
>Thanks in advance for your help.
>

>Pierre-Henry DELIEGE
First thing is to increase the number_configs below
-----------------------my chg.scsi.conf------
number_configs  1
eject           0       # Tapedrives need an eject command
sleep           15      # Seconds to wait until the tape gets ready
cleanmax        100     # How many times could a cleaning tape get used
scsitapedev     /dev/sg0 # test entry per Jean-Louis request
changerdev      /dev/sg1
#
# Next comes the data for drive 0
#
config          0
drivenum        0
dev             /dev/nst0       # the device that is used for the tapedrive 0
startuse        0       # The slots associated with the drive 0
enduse          3       #
statfile        /usr/local/etc/amanda/tape-slot  # The file where the actual
slot is stored
#cleancart      3       # the slot where the cleaningcartridge for drive 0 is
located
#cleanfile      /usr/local/etc/amanda/tape-clean # The file where the
cleanings are recorded
usagecount      /usr/local/etc/amanda/totaltime

# This is the end
-------------------
Then append:
config          1
drivenum        1
etc
etc...

This is for a chg-scsi.conf system, but I'd think that chg-zd-mtx
should behave similarly.  If not, then you might want to take a look
at chg-scsi.  Its running a small (DDS2) single drive equipt changer
here.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M
by Gene Heskett are: