Amanda-Users

Re: problems with amrecover

2003-12-29 12:30:33
Subject: Re: problems with amrecover
From: jessica blackburn <jblackburn AT hirzel DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: 29 Dec 2003 12:27:06 -0500
On Mon, 2003-12-29 at 11:44, Jon LaBadie wrote:

> > > Please post your responses below the quoted text -- it makes it easier to
> > > follow the conversation.  And please keep all responses on the list, so
> > > that others can chime in.
> > >
> > > As for why it's not working, do what the error message tells you to do:
> > > "check amidxtaped.debug file on hccweb".  It should be in /tmp/amanda and
> > > may have a time stamp in the middle of the file name.  Post the contents
> > > of that file.
> >
> > here is my debug

> > amidxtaped: time 0.001: Ready to execv amrestore with:
> > path = /usr/sbin/amrestore
> > argv[0] = "amrestore"
> > argv[1] = "-h"
> > argv[2] = "-p"
> > argv[3] = "file:/backup/"
> > argv[4] = "^hccweb$"
> > argv[5] = "^/TestNT/test$"
> > argv[6] = "20031229"
> > amrestore: error reading file header: Input/output error
>
> Can you access your file tapes using things like the amtape command?
> Does it show you the correct tape is loaded and has a good header?
>
> If that can not be done, no reason to try other things.
>
> When amrecover said "load ..... now" did you actually load the
> correct file tape before answering "y"?
> That message is not so much a question but a directive.

yes i can use the amtape command and i am also sure that the correct
tape is loaded.  the most recent error that i am now getting is as
follows:

FAILED AND STRANGE DUMP DETAILS:

/-- hccweb     /TestNT/test lev 0 STRANGE
sendbackup: start [hccweb:/TestNT/test level 0]
sendbackup: info BACKUP=/bin/tar
sendbackup: info RECOVER_CMD=/bin/tar -f... -
sendbackup: info end
? gtar: ./ccc.mp3: file changed as we read it
| Total bytes written: 2027520 (1.9MB, 990kB/s)
sendbackup: size 1980
sendbackup: end
\--------

this happens when i run an amdump.