Amanda-Users

amstatus.cgi: happy christmas

2003-12-24 00:25:21
Subject: amstatus.cgi: happy christmas
From: Georg Rehfeld <georg.rehfeld AT gmx DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 06:21:12 +0100
Dear amanda users,

a new output of amstatus.cgi is available at

  http://www.osgev.de/other/amanda/index.html

This is the outcome of a dump of more than 80 partitions (*1),
formatted to be useful for the curious.

The upper part is a table of backed up partitions, indicating
progress by color and by means of the percentage bars for %dumped
and %taped. As the sample is made from a finished dump, the percentages
ain't too interesting (100%/0% for all partitions), but note, that these
bars are life when a backup is in progress.

The lower part, very tall (in this version), displays detailed
information of what Amanda did/does. Time passes top -> bottom,
with a resolution of 1 pixel <=> 1 second, interesting points
in time given literally in the very left column.

The next (leftmost graphic) column visualizes taper activity.

Following columns show dumpers working in parallel.

All these columns indicate progress in time by height of a triangle
and progress in % by width of that triangle.

Please note, that you may simply click the '%dumped' and '%taped'
cells to jump to the corresponding dumper/taper detailed activity.
Did you notice the highlight (dumper: yellow bar, taper: red bar)
to the right of the details?

If not, you should ENABLE JavaScript (no abuse by me, never ever).

If you have JavaScript available and active you will see textual
information about a detail step, when moving the mouse over one
of the triangle visualisation of activity.

Also note, that clicking on a triangle brings you back to the
overview table.

Hope you enjoy this,

happy holidays

Georg
--
 ___   ___
| + | |__    Georg Rehfeld      Woltmanstr. 12     20097 Hamburg
|_|_\ |___   georg.rehfeld.nospam AT gmx DOT de    +49 (40) 23 53 27 10

             (Delete .nospam from mail address)

(*1) dump done by Nicolas Ecarnot, who was so kind to allow me
     to use his dump files output as the sample