Amanda-Users

Re: AMdump does not run

2003-12-23 12:32:43
Subject: Re: AMdump does not run
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Stefan Hackenthal <sh AT aldebaran DOT de>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 11:28:46 -0600

--On Tuesday, December 23, 2003 17:53:52 +0100 Stefan Hackenthal <sh AT
aldebaran DOT de> wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> as an Amanda newbie I don't know how to imterpret this log. Can you
> help me?
>
> I see two problems: he does not find the tape. That is probably a
> problem with the changer (I'm using chg-zd-mtx on a HP Autoloader):
> I'll check the conf-file.

Either a changer config problem or you haven't labeled the tapes.

> The other problem is the  message "can't switch to incremental dump".
> What does Amanda want to tell me here? Or is this simply a follow-up
> from the first error?

It's telling you that either your config is set to only do fulls
or you've never done a full before on those filesystems so there
is nothing to run an incremental against (or possibly there is
not enough space on the holding disk, but I think that gives a
different error.)

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Systems Administrator                           Voice: 512-374-4673