Amanda-Users

Re: Tapeless operation

2003-12-18 12:46:25
Subject: Re: Tapeless operation
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 12:41:53 -0500
On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 02:18:40PM -0200, bjfarah AT vma.com DOT br wrote:
> Hi fellows,
>
> OS: RH9
> AMANDA: 2.4.3
>
> I configured AMANDA for tapeless operation but when amcheck runs its return
> the followed error:
>
> amcheck-server: could not get changer info: could not read result
> from "/usr/lib/amanda/chg-disk"
>
> My amanda.conf look as follow:
>
> tapedev "file:/BACKUP2/slots/"
> rawtapedev "file:/BACKUP2/slots/"
> changerdev "/dev/null"
> tpchanger "chg-disk"
>
> I've downloaded the chg-disk driver from
> http://www.elysiria.org/projects/amanda/chg-disk.tgz
>
> If I run amdump manually so Amanda mails me:
>
> *** A TAPE ERROR OCCURRED: [new tape not found in rack].
> Some dumps may have been left in the holding disk.
> Run amflush to flush them to tape.
> The next tape Amanda expects to use is: a new tape.
>
> Somebody help-me.
> I dont know what to do anymore.

Have you configured and labeled any virtual tapes?
Do you have a "tapelist" file with reasonable entries created by amlabel?
Can you use amtape to select a tape?

Even if you do not build and install the latest amanda version,
I'd encourage you to download it an take a look in the doc's directory.
There is a new "how-to" for disk based operations.

jon
 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)