Amanda-Users

Second config

2003-12-16 18:38:43
Subject: Second config
From: "S. Keel" <sakeel AT u.washington DOT edu>
To: Amanda Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:34:36 -0800 (PST)
Hey eveyrone,

Now that I've got a set of tapes running, I'm trying to figure out how to
include another set of tapes.  What I would like to do is have an
identical set of tapes same number, same tapecycle, etc., but named
sligtly differently that I can rotate off-site.

For example:

My current setup uses DailySet1-[0-9][0-9][0-9] and there are 9 tapes in
the cycle, set to run weekdays.  What I would like to do is have a
DailySet2-[0-9][0-9][0-9] also with 9 tapes in the same type of weekday
cycle.  That way, I can run DailySet1 during one week, and then move them
offsite during the following week and run DailySet2.  I'd then alternate
them every other week.

How have some of you accomplished something like this?

Thanks,
Stefan