Amanda-Users

Re: Debian/Woody backport of 2.4.4p1 ?

2003-12-12 17:55:32
Subject: Re: Debian/Woody backport of 2.4.4p1 ?
From: "Brandon D. Valentine" <brandon AT dvalentine DOT com>
To: pll+amanda AT permabit DOT com
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 16:51:40 -0600
On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 04:06:39PM -0500, pll+amanda AT permabit DOT com wrote:

> Does anyone know if there's a backport of amanda 2.4.4p1 to Debian
> Woody?  I could use the packages in testing, but the require an
> upgrade of libc, which I really want to avoid on my production
> servers right now.

Assuming your user is in the src group, testing is in your sources.list,
you've run apt-get update recently and you've got fakeroot installed:

% su -
# apt-get build-dep amanda
# exit
% cd /usr/src
% apt-get source amanda
% cd amanda-2.4.4p1
% perl -p -i -e 's/debhelper \(>= 4.1.16\)/debhelper/' debian/control
        (this step is necesary because the Debian amanda package maintainer
        uses the mess that is debhelper and it has marked itself as
        dependent on a version of debhelper that isn't in woody, but it
        works just fine with the version that is in woody)
% dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc -rfakeroot
% su -
# dpkg -i /usr/src/amanda-*.deb

And now Amanda 2.4.4p1 is installed, built against Woody.

Use the force, Luke.

HTH,

Brandon D. Valentine
--