Amanda-Users

Disable DNS-lookup for DLE

2003-12-10 13:39:03
Subject: Disable DNS-lookup for DLE
From: Mats Blomstrand <mats.blomstrand AT htu DOT se>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:36:42 +0100
Is it possible to make amanda avoid doing hostname lookups for
specific DLE's while still doing it for other (more important) DLE's?

I have a server on a reserved ip that is not in the DNS. With some fiddling
with /etc/hosts, /etc/host.conf, route add -host ... and /etc/resolv.conf
i have managed to reach the machine with ping <host>, telnet <host> etc.

But amanda still pukes on me. A suggestion would be most welcome!
Thank you.
//Mats