Amanda-Users

Re: amcheck error 2 (new one)

2003-12-05 07:28:40
Subject: Re: amcheck error 2 (new one)
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Curtis Vaughan <curtis AT npc-usa DOT com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 07:24:41 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 at 11:37pm, Curtis Vaughan wrote

> Ok, I've got the other problems resolved, but now I get this error:
>
> Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
> --------------------------------
> ERROR: localhost: [access as amanda not allowed from
> [email protected]] amandahostsauth failed

I think you'd really benefit from downloading the latest amanda tarball
and reading docs/INSTALL.  There's also a chapter on amanda at
<http://www.backupcentral.com/amanda.html>.  And there's the FAQ-O-Matic
linked to from amanda.org and the archives of this list at
<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=amanda-users>.  All your issues are
*very* common ones that have come up (and been answered) quite often
before.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering