Amanda-Users

Re: linux-kernel say bug

2003-12-04 22:31:11
Subject: Re: linux-kernel say bug
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Greg Harper <greg.harper AT kimptongroup DOT com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 22:29:23 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 at 4:07pm, Greg Harper wrote

> I get the same error, but if you look at the next line:
>
> Dec  4 13:15:25 mail kernel: application bug: dumper(12282) has SIGCHLD
> set to SIG_IGN but calls wait().
> Dec  4 13:15:25 mail kernel: (see the NOTES section of 'man 2 wait').
> Workaround activated.

*snip*

> So its really nothing serious, just something that should be fixed in
> future versions.

It's already fixed (IIRC) in the latest snapshots.  The error is due to
the presence of NPTL in the RH9 kernel.  Jay Fenlason from RH posted a
patch to this list a while ago, and I believe it made it in after the
release of 2.4.4p1.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering