Amanda-Users

Some little, but anoying things

2003-11-25 10:02:54
Subject: Some little, but anoying things
From: Axel Haenssen <axel AT Princeton DOT EDU>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: 25 Nov 2003 10:00:52 -0500
Hi Guys,
I am using Amanda since a couple of years on an ADIC and a HP Surestore
Robot and am quite happy with it, actually very happy ;-)

My last project was to put Amanda on two Dell Poweredge servers that
feature a DDS4 Tape backup (just one slot, no robot). So far, so good. I
got Amanda up and running and backing up a fileserver and a Postgresql
Database (with a lot of help from this list).

The Problems that I have are minor but maybe somebody has seen it
before:
1. If there is no tape or the wrong tape in the tape drive amcheck just
stalls but doesn't send email saying there is an error (no timeout?).

2. If I put a tape into the slot and run amcheck manually Amanda spits
out the tape and asks me to put another one in, regardless if it's the
right tape or not.

3.Sometimes the Dump doesn't finish correctly and amdump just stalls
like amcheck and doesn't send error messages via email.

The only way for me to find out if something is wrong is by way of not
receiving any email in the morning.

Configuration:
System RedHat Linux 9.0
Amanda 2.4.3-4