Amanda-Users

Re: Running amdump leads to high CPU load on Linux server

2003-11-23 23:26:58
Subject: Re: Running amdump leads to high CPU load on Linux server
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: kurt AT raschke DOT net, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 23:23:29 -0500
On Sunday 23 November 2003 20:33, Kurt Raschke wrote:
>On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 08:28:48PM -0500, Jon LaBadie wrote:
>> As you are using gzip, is it with the "best" or the "fast" option?
>> The latter uses MANY fewer cpu cycles.
>
>Well, I that was one of the things I checked, and it's running with
>"fast".
>
>-Kurt

FWIW, of those DLE's that use gzip here, this was true in the later
2.4 kernels.  ATM, I'm running 2.6.0-test9-mm5 with the deadline
scheduler enabled in this boot, and the machine remains very
responsive except for the estimate phase, which drags a bit.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M
by Gene Heskett are: