Amanda-Users

changing tapes with barcode and no amlabel..

2003-11-18 02:46:13
Subject: changing tapes with barcode and no amlabel..
From: Charlie Allom <charlie AT rubberduck DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 18:43:02 +1100
Hi,

I was wondering if I can operate without Amanda on-tape labels at all.
ie. Can I just use the VolumeTag= entries from my changer?

chg-zd-mtx (looking at the script) seems to want to match them up - so
I'm just asking for confirmation I guess.

adm1:/etc/amanda/daily# su backup -c /usr/sbin/amtape daily update
amtape: scanning all 3 slots in tape-changer rack:
slot 2: reading label: Input/output error
amtape: could not load slot 9: Drive not ready after 120 seconds, rewind said
"/bin/mt: /dev/nst0: Input/output error"
adm1:/etc/amanda/daily# mtx -f /dev/sg0 status
  Storage Changer /dev/sg0:1 Drives, 9 Slots ( 0 Import/Export )
Data Transfer Element 0:Full (Storage Element 9 Loaded):VolumeTag = CLNH01L1
      Storage Element 1:Full :VolumeTag=BA1334L1
      Storage Element 2:Full :VolumeTag=BJ6576L1
      Storage Element 3:Empty:VolumeTag=
      Storage Element 4:Empty:VolumeTag=
      Storage Element 5:Empty:VolumeTag=
      Storage Element 6:Empty:VolumeTag=
      Storage Element 7:Empty:VolumeTag=
      Storage Element 8:Empty:VolumeTag=
      Storage Element 9:Empty:VolumeTag=
adm1:/etc/amanda/daily# vi /usr/lib/amanda/chg-zd-mtx

PS. (please don't berate me for my client's choice in tape labels!! :)

  C.
--
 charlie AT rubberduck DOT com - Melbourne, Australia
 http://rubberduck.com/~yeled/