Amanda-Users

Permission Denied error on client

2003-11-17 17:04:59
Subject: Permission Denied error on client
From: "John Grover" <grover AT lakemichigancollege DOT edu>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 16:59:19 -0500
I've not been able to get one of my clients to back up using vxdump.
Another, similarly configured client has no problem. Amcheck reports the
following on the bad client ...

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
ERROR: host.domain.edu: [could not access /dev/vx/rdsk/var
(/dev/vx/rdsk/var): Permission denied]
ERROR: host.domain.edu: [could not access /dev/vx/rdsk/rootvol
(/dev/vx/rdsk/rootvol): Permission denied]
Client check: 1 host checked in 1.051 seconds, 2 problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4p1)

Is this a read permission error on the filesystem or an execute error
on vxdump? All seems identical on both systems.

Thanks
JG

John W Grover, Systems and Database Administrator
              Lake Michigan College
            www.lakemichigancollege.edu