Amanda-Users

Letter from Russia

2003-11-16 08:14:15
Subject: Letter from Russia
From: "Valentin" <vmik AT msx DOT ru>
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 16:12:05 +0300
Dear Friend,

I send you this letter from a library of our small city and I pray that this
letter reached your address.

My name is Valentin, I'm student and I live with my blind mother in Russia. I
work very hard every day to be able take care of my mother, but my salary is
very small because my studies are not finished.

Due to the crisis our authorities recently stoped gas in our district. Now we
cannot heat our home because we don't have gas anymore. I don't know what to
do, because the winter is coming and the temperature outside can be lower than
minus 20 degrees Celsius. I'm afraid that the temperature inside our home will
be very cold and we will not be able to survive.

Therefore I send you this desperate message with a prayer in my heart and I
hope you can help us. If you have any old warm clothes, warm blankets, sleeping
bag, electric heater or portable stove, high-calories food, vitamins,
medicaments against cold, I will be very grateful to you if you could send it
to our postal address which is:

Valentin Mihailin,
Ryleeva Street, 6-45,
Kaluga. 248030,
Russia.

If you think that it would be better or easier for you to help with some money,
please write me back and I will give you details for sending it safely if you
agree. This way to help is very good because the necessities here are not very
expensive.

I pray to hear from you soon. From all my heart I wish you Happiness, Love and
Peace.

God Bless You,

Valentin and my Mother Elena.
Kaluga. Russia.