Amanda-Users

Drive TandbergDLT8000 -changer DL0101H

2003-11-15 05:41:23
Subject: Drive TandbergDLT8000 -changer DL0101H
From: Ismaël BALLO <iballo AT altern DOT org>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 11:39:45 +0100
Hi,

I use amanda-2.4.4 with Redhat 7.3

I've got the autoloader( 1 drive, 10 slots) under /dev/sg0 and the
tapedrive under /dev/sg1.

I try to use scripts like chg-multi (chg-scsi, chg-zd-scsi, etc..)
but they all come with configuration scripts and I don't know how to
feed them...

Do you have ever tried to configure such Autoloader(Tandberg) ?
What did you use ?

Moreover, when I try sipmle command like this, it gives me :

mtx -f /dev/sg0 unload 5

Unloading Data Transfer Element into Storage Element 5...mtx: Request
Sense: Long Report=yes
mtx: Request Sense: Valid Residual=no
mtx: Request Sense: Error Code=70 (Current)
mtx: Request Sense: Sense Key=Hardware Error
mtx: Request Sense: FileMark=no
mtx: Request Sense: EOM=no
mtx: Request Sense: ILI=no
mtx: Request Sense: Additional Sense Code = 44
mtx: Request Sense: Additional Sense Qualifier = 00
mtx: Request Sense: BPV=no
mtx: Request Sense: Error in CDB=no
mtx: Request Sense: SKSV=no
MOVE MEDIUM from Element Address 82 to 4 Failed

and DLT puts in alarm with coderror Cmer202023
so I don't know what to use...

Bye.Thanks for the help !