Amanda-Users

Re: amanda article on sun.com

2003-11-13 22:01:53
Subject: Re: amanda article on sun.com
From: Galen Johnson <gjohnson AT trantor DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 22:02:34 -0500
Jon LaBadie wrote:

Recently posted to the "Big Admin"
section of Sun's website is a pretty
long article on setting up amanda.

Haven't read it yet, so I'm unable
to comment on its content.

http://enews.sun.com/CTServlet?id=47250049-814460813:1068762499806

        or

http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/features/articles/backups_amanda.html

Not a bad article...very straight-forward. It even walks you through creating a package for Solaris. The only thing I might have recommended different would've been to split out the tapetype, dumptypes and interfaces into separate files and 'include'd them in the main config file rather than keeping a monolithic conf file. That would make for cleaner config files since the info you would tend to reuse between configs would be in a central location...plus it would allow you to update the files once instead of however many config files you had...but that's just me...

gonna add this link to my Amanda links.

=G=