Amanda-Users

Re: SURESTORE-DAT8

2003-11-06 03:58:57
Subject: Re: SURESTORE-DAT8
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: Reza Iskandar Achmad <reza AT chipset.or DOT id>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 03:56:01 -0500
On Thursday 06 November 2003 02:55, Reza Iskandar Achmad wrote:
>for about 3-5 hours I have generate tapetype definition for my HP
>SureStore DAT8.
>it may be some people out there that use same product that I use,
> you can use this without need waste your time to run ./tapetype
> again.
>
>:)
>
>define tapetype SURESTORE-DAT8 {
>    comment "HP SureStore DAT8"
>    length 3284 mbytes
>    filemark 48 kbytes
>    speed 378 kps
>}

This isn't all that usefull Reza, its evident that the hardware
compression this drive can do is turned on.  Amtapetype and tapetype
use data from /dev/urandom and overpower the hardware compression
chips to the point of making the data bigger on the tape than it was
from /dev/urandom, by about the amount you see here.  That DDS2 tape
should hold quite close to 4Gb when the compression is turned off.

>Reza Iskandar Achmad

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M
by Gene Heskett are: