Amanda-Users

RE: Subject: Tapeless: How to make a SECOND backup?

2003-10-31 18:31:35
Subject: RE: Subject: Tapeless: How to make a SECOND backup?
From: "Dana Bourgeois" <em-lists AT netgods DOT us>
To: "'turgut kalfaoglu'" <turgut AT egenet.com DOT tr>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 15:29:06 -0800
You can use the existing multi changer to do this.  It treats the file
device as a tape drive and each tape directory as one tape in the changer
slot.  No need to do anything except config.  I have this running on RedHat
8 using the latest 2.4.4.  Build Amanda yourself and remove the RH Amanda
rpms.

On my 120G second drive, formatted as one partition, I have 7 15G 'tapes'
and the rest for holding.

Dana Bourgeois