Amanda-Users

Re: Problem with configuration

2003-10-27 17:27:57
Subject: Re: Problem with configuration
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 17:24:45 -0500
On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 03:18:57PM -0500, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:

> This isn't your problem, but that won't work.  Amanda stays within a
> partition when doing backups.  You'll need one entry for each of those
> partitions.

Just an FYI, a while back I played and found you could have a
single DLE that could backup multiple partitions.

The DLE had as its base directory something high in the mount
tree and then used "include"s to specify mount points below that.
I think it was something like this:

  host symbolic_name / {
        include ./opt/local
        include append ./var
        include append ./etc
  }

The net result of this was a single backup of all of /var FS,
one directory tree of /opt FS, and the /etc directory tree of / FS.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)