Amanda-Users

Re: lev 0 FAILED [can't switch to incremental dump]

2003-10-23 15:37:31
Subject: Re: lev 0 FAILED [can't switch to incremental dump]
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Rebecca Pakish Crum <rebecca AT unterlaw DOT com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 21:30:28 +0200
Rebecca Pakish Crum wrote:
amcheck runs fine, detects no problems,
but the dump didn't run...
client.u /docs lev 0 FAILED [can't switch to incremental dump]

Why does amanda think I'm running an incremental dump on a this
partition? Also - this dump went to holding disk due to a tape
error...is it just saying that it couldn't drop this to a level 1?

I guess the "reserve" parameter is configured to 100 (the default)
or only so much that the 6.2 Gbyte full dump does not fit.
The reserve parameter indicates how much to reserve to full dumps
on holdingdisk when dumping in degraded mode.

You had a tape error, and amanda decides to degrade some or all
full dumps to incrementals and continue with dumps to holdingdisk.

But, because (from the context) it seems it never did a full dump,
amanda can't switch to incremental, because there is no previous
full dump to base the increments on.

Was this what happened?
--
Paul @ Home