Amanda-Users

[UPDATE] How to control which tape is next?

2003-10-21 09:49:04
Subject: [UPDATE] How to control which tape is next?
From: Lucio <lucio AT pixel DOT it>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 15:40:58 +0000
When I wrote the last message I forgot to specify the following:

This morning Amanda reported the last backup on Tape2, and then asked for "a
new tape" only, instead of "Tape3 or a new tape".
I put Tape3 in the unit anyway and amcheck stopped complaining for the wrong
tape. Amanda is going to use Tape3 for the next backup (which is just the
correct behavior).

This suggest me that amcheck DOES KNOW that Tape3 is the correct tape for the
next run, BUT, for some reason, doesn't tell me.

BTW, it's Amanda 2.4.3 on RH9

What am I missing?