Amanda-Users

Re: terminology help - branching out the question a bit

2003-10-16 15:36:31
Subject: Re: terminology help - branching out the question a bit
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: Dana Bourgeois <em-lists AT netgods DOT us>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 15:17:25 -0400 (EDT)
Dana,

I have a jukebox on a Solaris 9 system and I've configured runtapes
to 2 because I expect to shortly exceed the capacity of a single
tape (LTO [110/220 ??]) shortly.

So far all runs have completed on a single tape, ie the second tape
is only called into play when the first is 'filled'.

On the other hand - I rotate these tapes out incase there is every
a problem in the computer room itself, I don't leave the tapes in
the jukebox.

Sorry, not yet using TAR though I should be testing that config out.
I have a .866 Tbyte drive I need to start backing up...