Amanda-Users

RE: lbl_templ set but no printer defined

2003-10-07 11:29:22
Subject: RE: lbl_templ set but no printer defined
From: "Bradley Glonka" <bglonka AT sofanou-inc DOT com>
To: "'Joshua Baker-LePain'" <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 10:35:28 -0400
> On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 at 10:22am, Bradley Glonka wrote
>
> > $ amcheck ep-main
> >
> > Amanda Tape Server Host Check
> > -----------------------------
> > ERROR: lbl_templ set but no printer defined
> >
> > I have in my config:
> >
> > printer "ep4510"
>
> What happens if you leave that line out and let it try to
> print to the
> default printer?
Yup I tried that, same thing!!!

> > define tapetype LTO {
> >     comment "just produced by tapetype prog (hardware
> compression on)"
> >     lbl-templ "/usr/local/amanda/adm/label.ps"
> >     length 1208 gbytes
> >     filemark 120670 kbytes
> >     speed 2121 kps
> > }
>
> Wow!  Where can I get tapes that hold 1.2TB?
You ask the tape drive fairy :)

(boy do I feel silly)
Hmmmm  I guess I should have looked closer at the
Output of tapetype.

> Never run tapetype with hardware compression on.
I read that I should turn it off, but Dell has no answer
For me on how to do so.  The guys I talked to thought I
Was crazy and they had never heard of such a request.
This tape drive is supposed to have some "intelliget"
Sensors to determine if it should turn compression on or
Off.

Any tips for me how to
 - Turn off compression
 - Get a more accurate tapetype definition?

Thanks
Brad