Amanda-Users

amadmin problem

2003-10-01 01:21:43
Subject: amadmin problem
From: "Barry Haycock" <bhaycock AT securenet.com DOT au>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 11:13:48 +1000
I am using 2.4.4 on a solaris machine.

My setup is as follows:
I have 2 setups one monthly and one daily
The monthly only writes to new tapes.
And is working fine.

The daily only overwrites the tapes In the system
At this point in time amdump is failing because it is looking for a new
tape

"Amadmin daily tape" reports this as well as the log files although
previously this was not the case.

my configs though say to only overwrite all daily tapes.
$HOME/etc/daily/tapelist reports that all the daily tapes marked as
"reuse"
except for one that I have marked as "no-reuse"

is there any way to force amanda to use a specific tape
as this setup revolves around remote management and a 300km one way
drive to add one tape.

Barry Haycock
T +61 2 6268 9242
F +61 2 6268 9233
SecureNet Ltd
243 Northbourne Ave
Lyneham ACT 2602

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary
and those that don't.