Amanda-Users

Re: split dump

2003-09-30 19:26:29
Subject: Re: split dump
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Artyom Morozov <macteps AT mail DOT ru>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 19:18:09 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 at 8:33am, Artyom Morozov wrote

> I want backup a big partitions, smth about 3 Gb from remote hosts, but
> amanda server had lost connection with amanda-clients. Is it possible
> split archive, sended from client into little parts, for example by
> 100 Mb, or increase connection reliability?

This really shouldn't happen.  In amanda.conf, there's a parameter called
'dtimeout' which controls how long amanda waits before it declares a
connection dropped.  Try increasing that.

For the record, I regularly backup partitions over 50GB without a problem.
You may want to look at why the connections are failing.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering