Amanda-Users

Re: No chg-scsi.conf file found

2003-09-27 10:23:31
Subject: Re: No chg-scsi.conf file found
From: "Chris Weisiger" <chrisw AT neill DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 09:21:02 -0500
Yes i have created the chg-scsi.conf file
Thats the first thing i do

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:00:04 -0400
 Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 09:57:49AM -0500, Chris Weisiger wrote:
for some reason im getting this error..i had to re-install my linux box(redhat 9) since a dump went horribly wrong...now im trying to re-configure amanda

here is the error:

[root@bs1 DailySet1]# /usr/lib/amanda/chg-scsi -info
please check your config and use a config file for chg-scsi
[root@bs1 DailySet1]#

here is the part of amanda.conf dealing with the location of the config file for chg-scsi

runtapes 1 # number of tapes to be used in a single run of amdump tpchanger "/usr/lib/amanda/chg-scsi" # the tape-changer glue script #tapedev "/dev/null" # the no-rewind tape device to be used #rawtapedev "/dev/null" # the raw device to be used (ftape only)
changerfile "/etc/amanda/DailySet1/chg-scsi.conf"
#changerdev "/dev/null"

is this correct?

i have even created symlinks to the amanda.conf file and chg-scsi.conf in /usr/lib/amanda

No need, the configuration files go under the configuration
directory.

However, did you create a chg-scsi.conf file and edit it
as needed?  Never used chg-scsi so I don't know what it
needs, but the message is asking you to check that file.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)