Amanda-Users

Re: Tapetype for LTO-2 (was Re: Help with Dell 132T)

2003-09-24 09:38:34
Subject: Re: Tapetype for LTO-2 (was Re: Help with Dell 132T)
From: Alexander Jolk <alexj AT buf DOT com>
To: chris weisiger <chrisw AT neill DOT net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 15:37:04 +0200
(I believe we are still talking Linux?  Other systems have other
traditions, it seems.)

> how do i check to see if compression is off or on..
To check:   mt -f /dev/nst0 datcompression
To disable: mt -f /dev/nst0 datcompression 0

> and will i need to put this in rc.local when server is needed to be
> rebooted?

Probably yes, unless you can find a jumper that disables compression
once and for all.  This discussion has been held several times before;
you'll find answers with excruciating details in the archives.  Gene H.
for instance, has posted on several occasions, a complete write-up on
the caveats of hardware compression, which you should read even if it
does not necessarily apply to our LTO-2 drive, just to know what can
happen.

Alex

--
Alexander Jolk         /         BUF Compagnie
tel +33-1 42 68 18 28 /  fax +33-1 42 68 18 29