Amanda-Users

Re: tar dumping to /dev/null

2003-09-18 08:55:06
Subject: Re: tar dumping to /dev/null
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Marc Cuypers <mozilla AT mgvd DOT be>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:53:42 +0200
Marc Cuypers wrote:

There is no sendbackup.*.debug.

I don't remember anymore where 2.4.2 put it's debug files,
and for how long.  I do remember JRJ changed something about
handling those debug files in 2.4.2p2.  Maybe they are named
different, or not kept long enough.
Of course sendbackup.*debug is only generated when the backup
really runs; while doing the estimate it generates sendsize.*debug
files; and both commands can be found in runtar.*.debug files.

Slowly I do remember JRJ changed the handling of debugfiles, so
that they are not overwritten be previous runs. If you have many
disks, only the last one would be found.  Upgrading is best anyway.

I seem to have documentation of 2.3. Where can I find the one for 2.4, I downloaded the latest version 2.4.4, but this also mentions to put diskdir in amanda.conf.

Downloaded what from where?  Debian packages with apt-get?
The lastest source tar-bal?

The currently most stable is the snapshot from:

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~martinea/amanda/amanda-2.4.4p1-20030716.tar.gz

which you have to compile and install yourself.
Read docs/INSTALL for instructions, and "man amanda" for the
configuration options.