Amanda-Users

Re: Problem with label-template

2003-09-16 11:13:21
Subject: Re: Problem with label-template
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Fernando Pintabona <fernando AT sertecnet DOT com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 17:09:46 +0200
Fernando Pintabona wrote:

I'm having a problem with the amount of info that amanda sends to the tape label that prints when a job is done.

I get 4 columns of data printed, when the tape format only allows 2 columns.

Is there a way to fix this, either by telling amanda (or amreport) to print a second page this the info that doesn't fit on the first page, or either making the font smaller?

The template file is just a simple postscript file, and it contains
instructions on how to modify it.
Changing the font is simple.  As the picture in the beginning
of the file explains, you need to modify the settings for Section E.

For example to change the size from 6 to 5 (and the linespacing too):

% section 'E' font, and line separation
%
%/HostFont              { /Courier findfont 6 scalefont setfont } def
%/HostSep               { 6 } def
% XXX - changed from 6pt to 5pt
/HostFont               { /Courier findfont 5 scalefont setfont } def
/HostSep                { 5 } def

Making the label jump to a different page is more difficult.  Well,
actually, I haven't found out yet how to accomplish this :-)